
“So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day. Will you do something for me, please? Just picture your life for me? 30 years from now, 40 years from now? What’s it look like? If it’s with him, go. Go! I lost you once, I think I can do it again. If I thought that’s what you really wanted. But don’t you take the easy way out.”
—Noah (Ryan Gosling) to Allie (Rachel McAdams)
Valentine's Day isn't until next weekend but here I am thinking about it. I have known it most recently as SINGLES AWARENESS DAY AKA SAD. It's one of those holidays that puts pressure on both men and women alike. The men have to worry about getting good gifts for the women because society tells them to do so and the women have to "beautify" themselves even more than they do on a daily basis. If a person doesn't have a significant other, then people worry weeks and weeks before about finding one. Both sides have a story and both sides need to chill out. I think that Valentines Day should be everyday and that love should not only be for our fellow men but also for our Lord Jesus. There is NO love like His; NOTHING can compete with his exponential love; No gift can outweigh His; there is no competition. Although the above quote makes my heart pound against my chest and I hope to find this love again someday, it is nothing compared to the love letter written by Jesus Christ in the New Testament. Even though I have had some great boyfriends and still have amazing friends; people fail you, they disappoint you, they make you angry. God never does that, God is ALWAYS there for you. Let go of these people who are holding you back from an undying love, one that WILL last forever. Let Jesus Christ be your Valentine! Read His word! Pray and speak to Him! It's okay to have a boyfriend/girlfriend/valentine, but do not stress about having one. It is the WORLD telling you to do so, and if you are a Christian you are NOT OF THIS WORLD! So this V-DAY/SAD, spend time with people that you love but most importantly, make time for the ultimate love!!!
—Noah (Ryan Gosling) to Allie (Rachel McAdams)
Valentine's Day isn't until next weekend but here I am thinking about it. I have known it most recently as SINGLES AWARENESS DAY AKA SAD. It's one of those holidays that puts pressure on both men and women alike. The men have to worry about getting good gifts for the women because society tells them to do so and the women have to "beautify" themselves even more than they do on a daily basis. If a person doesn't have a significant other, then people worry weeks and weeks before about finding one. Both sides have a story and both sides need to chill out. I think that Valentines Day should be everyday and that love should not only be for our fellow men but also for our Lord Jesus. There is NO love like His; NOTHING can compete with his exponential love; No gift can outweigh His; there is no competition. Although the above quote makes my heart pound against my chest and I hope to find this love again someday, it is nothing compared to the love letter written by Jesus Christ in the New Testament. Even though I have had some great boyfriends and still have amazing friends; people fail you, they disappoint you, they make you angry. God never does that, God is ALWAYS there for you. Let go of these people who are holding you back from an undying love, one that WILL last forever. Let Jesus Christ be your Valentine! Read His word! Pray and speak to Him! It's okay to have a boyfriend/girlfriend/valentine, but do not stress about having one. It is the WORLD telling you to do so, and if you are a Christian you are NOT OF THIS WORLD! So this V-DAY/SAD, spend time with people that you love but most importantly, make time for the ultimate love!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment